The RequirementsTo be a good fit for the Director of Client Services opportunity you should have:
- 5 to 7 years of relevant managerial experience in account management, including:
- A proven track record working for specialty vendors and/or carve-out plans including, vision, dental, or behavioral health services
- Experience leading account management teams and the ability to manage, coach, and develop staff
- Thorough knowledge of the government insurance/managed care industry (Medicare, Medicaid)
- A demonstrated ability to drive positive change, such as teambuilding and implementing process improvements
- The ability to take corporate initiatives and bring them to fruition within the department
- Proficiency with CRM (Salesforce preferred), MS Windows and Office, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- A bachelor's degree
- A hands-on approach to providing leadership and achieving goals
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including a proven ability to:
- Interact effectively with clients, regulatory body employees and internal staff
- Communicate up, down and sideways in the organization
- Keep internal partners and departments current on industry and client trends and issues
- Highly effective presentation skills with the ability to deliver presentations to all levels
- Strong influencing and persuasive skills, and the ability to negotiate
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, and the ability to manage clients
- A high degree of initiative and persistence
The RoleReporting to the Senior Vice President of Sales and Account Management, you will assume leadership of a team of seven and growing. As we prepare for ongoing growth, you will assess our current account management department, identify strengths and weaknesses, and then implement efforts to ensure we have a best-in-class account management function.
At the same time, of course, you will oversee day-to-day activities and ensure the team is providing quality support and timely deliverables. This will include incorporating new products, ensuring we and our clients are current with changing state and federal requirements, reviewing work, leading meetings with clients and internal partners, and more. In addition, you will carry a small portfolio of high profile clients.
On a more strategic level, you will work closely with our internal Health Plan Services leadership to enhance the strategic direction of the department and ensure alignment with overall corporate objectives. You'll also provide management of any tactical initiatives. More specifically, you will:
- Support long and short-term business strategies
- Support profit, growth and expense management goals
- Achieve overall profit retention and growth objectives as assigned
- Support strategic business planning activities designed to increase the presence in the market of Superior Vision business through the AMs
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal resources to ensure customer-centric delivery of all related services through the AMs
- Respond to marketing strategies and standards by developing a marketing plan for retaining clients that reflects local market competitive conditions
- Maintain and develop AM knowledge data and product information
- Manage day-to-day department functions
- Handle other duties as assigned
Why Superior VisionHigh visibility impact -- the account management function is solid (we have a 98% customer retention rate), but we believe a strong leader can make a good thing even better. You can make your mark by helping the team be more proactive -- for example, when a regulatory change happens, we should be the first to know, and then reach out to clients to help them remain in compliance. You will have exposure to our senior leaders and, here in our corporate headquarters, your successes will be noticed.
Great timing -- we're continuing integration efforts, and that has created an environment that is open to change. You'll find that Superior Vision welcomes new leaders and new ideas.
Career options -- your efforts will help pave the way for growth, and that could mean growth in your department. In addition, there may be additional expansion down the road . . . this role will provide challenges and opportunities for years to come. At the same time, depending on your performance and aptitude, you might pursue a number of career paths within Superior Vision.
Strong leaders, nimble company -- we have a high-performing leadership team, hand-selected. In addition, our niche focus allows us to move more quickly than many companies, particularly in healthcare.
A Superior difference -- you will play a key role at a leading provider of vision and eye health solutions to the full spectrum of the vision care marketplace, including groups, health plans, and government-sponsored programs. Consider:
- We deliver value to our members through our broad access to providers, having the industry's largest network, and offering the flexibility to choose where to get an eye exam and purchase materials. No other vision carrier comes close to the size, accessibility, and diversity Superior Vision offers.
- Our 98% customer retention rate is no accident. We have built lasting relationships based on one foundational principle: our members are our highest priority. Every department embodies a member-centric approach to service.
- We are an innovative company that is always looking forward and adapting our comprehensive portfolio of products to match -- and anticipate -- what our customers need.
Excellent compensation -- in addition to a competitive base, we offer comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance; flexible spending accounts, 401(k) savings plan with employer match; accrued paid time off and paid holidays; tuition reimbursement; and more.
Keys to SuccessThis is a role for a change agent, someone who is driven to make a difference. You'll need an analytical mindset as well as creativity to drive the changes you envision. Throughout Superior Vision we run believe in Superior Execution and mean," and people at all levels are willing to roll up their sleeves to achieve goals. If you're looking for a position in which you can remain in an office and delegate via email, this is not the role for you. You should enjoy engaging with your team and getting directly involved in activities. For example, you should hold regular team meetings to get input, ensure everyone is on the same page, and communicate effectively. This role is about providing the leadership to challenge the team to grow. You'll need to get to know each team member in order to build on strengths and address gaps. We'll look to you to set clear expectations and then both motivate your team and hold them accountable. As we grow you will need to bring on new staff members who will enhance the team and even raise the bar for others.
In addition, to be an outstanding Director of Client Services, you will bring:
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to build relationships and develop trust through integrity and a commitment to doing the right thing
- Solid business savvy and the ability to understand our clients' goals and challenges as well as emerging trends in our industry
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability to develop solutions that meet the needs of health plan, clients, colleagues and the company
- A knack for marketing, including the ability to assess competitive market conditions, identify customer needs and takes appropriate actions to meet those needs
- Initiative and a proactive approach to achieving individual and department goals
- Enthusiasm and a commitment to positive, optimistic and enthusiastic interactions with internal and external contacts
About Superior VisionSee Yourself Healthy
At Superior Vision our eye and vision health solutions are based on choice and flexibility. We care for our clients and members by delivering broad and affordable access to vision care, outstanding service, and resources to help them make informed vision care choices that offer the greatest value.
Superior Vision has grown into a market leader with the same principles with which it started -- a member-centric philosophy with a focus on providing unbiased access to a variety of eye care providers.
Superior Vision's mission is to help members enjoy the wonder of sight through healthy eyes and vision. We care for our clients and members by delivering broad and affordable access to vision care, unwavering Superior service, and resources to help them make informed vision care choices that offer the greatest value.
Our Vision Statements
Our vision serves as the framework for every aspect of our business by defining our public-facing and internal success factors:
- Superior Solutions: deliver a comprehensive portfolio of vision and eye health solutions for consumers, health plans, and employers.
- Superior Access and Value: offer the broadest network of provider partners to deliver the greatest choice and value to our members.
- Superior Engagement: drive engagement, collaboration, and growth of our associates to be successful and prepared for the changing health care landscape; focus on our external partners as they are critical to the successful delivery of our solutions.
- Superior Technology: optimize our administrative platforms and leverage enabling technology to enhance service, expand access, and deliver state-of-the-art program administration.
- Superior Execution: embody disciplined performance management processes to enhance business efficiency and program effectiveness.
- Superior Service: demonstrate the highest service levels to our members, customers, and provider partners.